Wednesday 22 August 2012

Set Fire To Flames - Telegraphs in Negative/Mouths Trapped In Static

Unlike some of the other conglomerations that appear on this ere blog this band is well known. I tend to avoid overstating the need for obscure bands. If something sounds good I listen to it. It could be an unfinished renaissance string quartet, or it could be the eighties. Thankfully this band sounds like neither. I think it falls under the category of 'shoegaze'. Ever the word that eludes me as people ask me what I enjoy listening to generally. Slower than post-rock but too edgy to be ambient. Hark at the thought of being labelled as 'one of those.' However, I can honestly vouch - hand on heart - that whenever I have attended one of such gigs, never have I witnessed someone gazing at their shoes. That would be hilarious. You'd have to hire someone whose sole purpose was to tempt people to look at the stage by poking them in the chin. Most are at any rate content to look aimlessly into their pint glass. Viewing it fondly you could argue they are contemplating every significant meaning of the universe whilst idly fiddling with hairgel/scarves/random phone apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment